How to buy Litecoin (LTC)
Buy Litecoin: Everything you need to know
- Litecoin is one of the oldest cryptocurrencies available.
- It has a lot in common with Bitcoin.
- Unlike Bitcoin, transactions at Litecoin are much faster and cheaper.
- Litecoin is not based on SHA256, but on script mining. This prevents a strong concentration on a few large mining farms such as Bitcoin. So it’s more decentralized than Bitcoin.
The current Litecoin (LTC) price development
Buy Litecoin at anycoindirect.com
If you do not like Coinbase, anycoindirect could be an interesting alternative for you. The crypto-exchange supports besides Litecoin numerous other Altcoins.Of course Bitcoin and Ethereum are also on offer.
In addition to SEPA, Anycoindirect also offers a number of innovative payment methods such as iDEAL, Bancontact / MisterCAsh or Giropay. After registering, you can increase your level of verification in several stages. The higher the level, the higher the amounts you can buy and sell Litecoin for.
Step by step instructions to buy Litecoin at anycoindirect:
- Register with anycoindirect
- Verify yourself to buy higher amounts
- In the left menu, select Litecoin
- Choose amount and payment method
- Become a new Litecoin owner ?
Litecoin buy at Binance
An alternative to the above two exchanges is Binance. This is a relatively new crypto exchange. The seat is in Hong Kong. Binance offers a number of interesting features: You can choose between two different user interfaces: beginner and advanced. So both newcomers and traders get their money. For newcomers, the surface is so simplified that they can easily cope. And who wants to carry out technical analysis, gets an extensive set of charting options.
Binance launched his own cryptocurrency. So you have the opportunity to participate directly in the success of the crypto broker, if you want. A shortcoming of the Exchange is that it is still relatively new in the business.
Instructions for buying Litecoin at Binance:
- Join Binance
- Select your desired user interface on the top left
- Send yourself some bitcoins
- Choose LTC-BTC
- Buy Litecoins ?
Buy Litecoin at cex.io
If you’re already a Bitcoin owner, it’s easiest to buy Litecoin at cex.io. It is a crypto-broker, which in addition to Litecoin offers many other Altcoins for trading. cex.io is one of the largest crypto exchanges worldwide and enjoys a good reputation. The security precautions of the Exchange are also at the highest level.
Instructions for buying Litecoin at cex.io:
- Register an account at cex.io
- Send Bitcoins or buy Bitcoins
- Select Trading
- Search Litecoin currency pair for Bitcoin
- Specify amount and order type
- Click Buy
Buy Litecoin at Coinbase
Litecoin is experiencing more and more acceptance of exchanges. So there is hardly a crypto exchange, the Litecoin does not lead (possibly the pure Bitcoin Exchanges). One of the biggest and most established exchanges accepting Litecoin is Coinbase. In addition to Litecoin, you can buy Bitcoin and Ethereum from this provider. In addition, Coinbase also offers a wallet. If you want to save on the purchase of a hardware wallet, Coinbase could be a good solution for you.
Buy Litecoin in a few steps
- Join Coinbase
- Perform the verification process (conveniently via webcam)
- Choose Litecoin and the amount you want to buy in Litecoin
- Complete the purchase
What you should know about Litecoin
Litecoin was developed in 2013 by a former Google employee named Charlie Lee. Litecoin serves as a kind of pre-tester for changes that are also interesting for Bitcoin. Litecoin is commonly considered a relatively “drama-free” cryptocurrency, which is reflected in the fact that volatility – at least in recent years – was not as strong as that of Bitcoin. Litecoin scales far better than Bitcoin. The currency is accordingly faster and cheaper in transactions. All these are reasons why Litecoin has numerous crypto investors in its portfolio.
Featured Image By: BTC Keychain